Blood ozonation is a procedure which is not FDA approved to diagnose or treat any medical condition. However, there is documented evidence for its utility in the management of symptoms associated with many medical problems including chronic infections (Lyme and other Borrelia/Rickettsia species, Epstein Barr, HPV, Herpes, etc), chronic inflammatory response syndrome (CIRS- associated with mold/mycotoxin, ciguaterra, and other biotoxins), chronic fatigue syndrome, auto-immune disorders, arthritis, detoxification support and for general health maintenance.
At MBCWC, we use the Zotzmann-Stahl Ozon 2000 Hyperbaric Ozone Machine for all of our treatments. This machine delivers highly precise, pressurized doses of ozone and oxygen. It is superior to other methods of ozonation for its quality, safety and reliability of ozone concentrations generated. If not administered properly, ozone can be toxic. This machine is designed to give full control to the physician so that this will never occur during our treatments.
While it is a very safe procedure, a brief consultation with the doctor is required prior to your first treatment session to be sure that you are a good candidate for the procedure. The consultation and first treatment can be scheduled on the same day. The amount of ozone and oxygen you receive depends upon the number of times the blood is run in and out of a sterile, single use, glass jar. The starting treatment is usually 2 or 4 times (or ‘passes’) in and out of the jar. If this is well tolerated by the patient, the treatment may be increased up to a total of 10 passes.
The blood ozonation procedure involves the following steps:
· An intravenous (IV) catheter is placed and the connection to the ozonation machine is set up
· Blood is drawn up into a glass jar by the machine
· A small amount of heparin (a blood thinner) is added to the blood as it is drawn in. This medication prevents the blood from clotting. It is derived from a porcine (pig) source.
· After 200 cc of blood have been drawn into the glass jar, ozone is infused into the blood under pressure.
· The line is then reversed so that the ozone rich blood will flow back into your vein.
· After the ozone, a dose of pure oxygen is infused into the blood under pressure as it flows back into your vein.
· After all of the blood is injected back into your vein, the procedure to draw, infuse ozone and oxygen and return your blood can be repeated up to 9 more times, for a total of 10 ‘passes’.
· Your blood never enters the machine, just the sterile, disposable glass jar. Therefore, it never mixes with any other patient’s blood.
Blood ozonation procedures are performed no more than once per week using this approach. The number of treatments a patient will need depends upon the individual patient’s health status, the condition being treated and the patient’s health goals. Most patients will start with a series of 4-8 treatments and then periodic maintenance treatments as needed after that.
We also offer Rectal and Vaginal ozonation treatments. The rectal approach is useful for the same conditions noted above and for patients who would prefer not to have an IV. The Vaginal treatments are useful for recurrent vaginal infections and HPV. With these treatments, a small, soft, flexible catheter is placed into the Rectum or Vagina and Ozone gas is infused over a few minutes. They can be done more frequently (2-3 times per week).
Below is a list of useful links for further information about ozone therapies
Basic Information and Summaries